Saturday, October 3, 2009

Past Due

If I add up the many times I have THOUGHT about updating my little scrapbook, I'd have a novel by now. All of my cute little daily life stories over the past few months are nearly forgotten. Time to get my abnormally sized rear in gear (nine months prego and you tend to look awfully different!) and get my memory book up to date.

I've decided that President Monson's quote that "nothing in life is as constant as change" about sums up the way Aaron and I live our lives. Not that constant change is horrible, some days I just think I would really be ok with a little less. Aaron and I just completed our 7th move this past month of September. (keep in mind, we've only been married a little over 4 years) Our goal is that after this baby comes, we are going to decide on a place of permanent residence. I can't believe the time has actually come to decide where we are going to live long term... We've finished all of the years of school, internships, etc., it really flew.

As for sweet little Emma, she is such a feisty little red head with so much personality. I love it. She is actually one easy child to be with all day long, as long as she can do things "all by myself mama." She is the queen of projects, or making messes, depending on how you look at it. Lately, she loves to find the most random "toys" and put them in her purses. She has such adorable red curly hair that she still refuses to keep hairclips in all day long. Her love of new clothes and shoes is hilarious. She could spend hours in the shoe department...She definitely could not have gotten that from me.

The other day I went out to the garage and came back in to find Emma knee deep in a bag of extra thick sharpies. Luckily not too much damage had been done, except markings on her pj's and the pillow she was sittting on. I took the stuff that she had drawn on upstairs to spray with oxyclean, then came back down and asked her what she had done with the markers that I could have sworn I just set up on the counter and her response was "um...they're up high in the sky mom." Oh really, you sassy little thing.

As for our next little girl, I think Aaron and I have finally decided on a name just this morning at breakfast. The past couple of visits at the doctor's office have been great. This last one was my 35th week and I am already nearly a 3 and 75%. I can't wait to get her out of me...these braxton- hicks have been horrible. We are all in for a big change, but I hope it will all work out, especially within Emma's little world!

4 comments:

Cassi said...

Hope she comes soon, for your sake! I bet Emma does great with her. We were so worried about Coop but turns out there is something about it being his baby that makes all the difference! Can't wait to see the pictures and here what cute name you have picked out for her (Emma was always a favorite of mine :-)

gbrooks said...

I hope she comes early, but I have to say I'm going to be a tiny bit annoyed since I'm a week or so ahead of you!

Emily said...

We can't wait to get the good news- hope everything goes well and that she comes early, but not too early. I'm sure Emma will be great with her.

Erin Jepsen said...

I love the update. Keep them coming especially when your little one gets here!