Oft times we'd try and meet up with Aaron during his lunch breaks. This always made for an adventurous trip into town, but well worth it. The only long part was the metro. You are not supposed to eat on the metro, but I didn't think that rule actually applied to children. Luckily, I was never fined.
Another trip down to visit dad during his lunch. The dept. of Treasury is right next to the White House on Pennsylvania Ave.
These gates that they use to "prevent" people from trespassing were just perfect for someone Emma's size to climb into. The first time at this monument, she slipped right through and ran around for a few minutes. It made for a good video. The only thing that eventually lured her out was a video clip of Elmo on Aaron's phone. Thank goodness for technology, because at six months pregnant, I certainly wasn't going to be able to slip through!

No comments:
Post a Comment