Monday, October 20, 2008

McMullan Orchards



Our Bishop's neighbor, David McMullan, owns a huge (400+ acre) orchard on the south end of Utah Lake. This year his peach crop was more than they could sale, so our Bishop called to see if we wanted to go pick some. That night Aaron and I headed out there to pick. After about an hour or so (maybe a bit longer!) we came across the orchard. Once we got there it took us a while for someone to direct us to where the peaches were. Let me just say the trip was worth it. Aaron couldn't help himself from eating about five before he even started picking. He was like a kid in a candy store. After about an hour and half of picking, the 4Runner was full, literally, so we headed home. (did I mention these peaches were free, and seriously the best peaches I have ever had.) My mom and I put plenty up for winter. Lots of work, but well worth it. We did over 140 jars, I couldn't believe it. Good work mom!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Casey said...

those peaches were great...thanks!