Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Home!

In the words of our favorite little Latin explorer "We did it... lo hicimos." (for those of you whose children are also addicted to Dora I'm sure you can hear the song in your head as you read those words) Aaron and I have officially moved into a home here in Texas. We are thrilled to no longer be nomads. Moving a few weeks after Em's was born wasn't that big of deal, but moving with Mia and Emma has been interesting. My lovely two year can undo all of my organizing and cleaning in no time flat. So, our home is a work in progress. I have the Jacobs' syndrome of wanting things done yesterday, but I am learning that is no longer possible. My goal is to be completely settled by Valentine's Day. I'll be sure to report.
It was quite a fiasco finding a place to live, but our prayers were definitely answered just in the nick of time. We found a home in a safe neighborhood, clean enough, good ward, close to family and SUPER affordable. It's such a blessing. We went through it and put in our lease offer and got it the next day. Miracle!
Another story...If anybody knows my husband well, you know that he loves to sell things...even if we still need them. That said, he sold nearly all of our furniture before we moved (in addition to too many other items that I could still be a bit bitter about:!) The furniture though, I am so glad he sold because I lucked out big time! There is a store here called The Dump. They sale super nice stuff at affordable prices, and their clearance section had the greatest deals last weekend...I was in heaven. My best deal was the kitchen table we bought...$37! I'll be sure to post pics when everything is in order. Aaron and I did splurge on a nice mattress though and now that Mia is sleeping at least six or more hours at night, I truly have died and gone to heaven!
Speaking of Mia, she is due for an update. I have some pics on my phone that I need to get off and post. She takes the cake for cheeks!
I have too many things to record and no pics to go along with it...so I'll continue this later with pics!

3 comments:

Erin Jepsen said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. No one can out do my kids in the cheek department.

Amy said...

You can come here and finish my house next...... :)

A day in life of the Pritchetts said...

I'm glad to here you're all settled in and close to family. I hope it feels like home soon, if not already.