Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Potty Training...

I should be updating my scrapbook/blog about our adventures in Washington d.c., but those will have to wait until I can figure out what's wrong with the camera.

In the meantime, I've decided to conquer one of my goals before this next baby comes, potty training Emma. So, Monday afternoon Emma and I went to the store to get some big girl underwear and potty training treats. She is a girl after my own heart, she picked out chocolate candies for her treat.

After dinner Monday we all went hiking in Big Cottonwood Canyon, so I figured it was not good time to start, as she would be sitting in the pack on Aaron's back. Then, Tuesday morning rolled around and we were out the door either in the stroller, carseat, or swimming pool...long story short, we had our first attempt last night, and boy was I glad when bedtime rolled around and it was time to put on a diaper.

Here's how it went...Aaron got her all excited when she put on her big girl Dora underwear, which stayed dry for about ten minutes, then another pair of Dora underwear...twenty minutes later she was taking them off again only to put on another pair. Tricky little girl...I think she would just mess in them so she could get a chance to model all of her new undies. Well, I put her underwear away and she spent the next hour and half bare bum, attempting to run to her potty in time, but never really made it. Her last accident took place as she sat in a chair next to me at the computer. As I tried to keep her entire mess from dripping onto the floor, Aaron came and picked her up and she decided to kick the liquid off of her feet right into my face. Too funny. Well after she went to bed guess who decided she needed a potty treat, I just hope there will be some left for her by the time she actually does it.

1 comment:

Cassi said...

Hang in there Amy! I had Coop bare-bummed for 3 days with the potty sitting in the living room before we even attempted big boy underwear. She'll get it eventually!