Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter 08 Update...




I'd say it's about time for an update. Life here in Provo is pretty much the same, Aaron goes to school while Emma and I entertain each other all day long. For the past couple of months (who am I kidding, I mean years) Aaron has been coming home with new career ideas, but it's actually getting down to the wire where he has to make a decision. He is done with school in December (two weeks!), then it's back into the real world. Oh, the life of a wife of an entrepreneur. I'm excited for him and I know he's anxious to be done and start learning from someone...somewhere...doing something! Emma is the best mess maker I've ever seen. She can be heard around the house saying "uh-oh, uh-oh" all day long. However, she doesn't quite understand that uh-oh entails that something happened accidentally, she just says it whenever she purposefully throws something onto the ground, dumps the garbage cans, spills something, etc. Last night I gave her some popcorn, which you can only imagine where it ended up, right next to the cap'n crunch cereal she knocked over 0nly minutes earlier. This morning she pulled out cushions on the family room chairs only to find more popcorn (only this time it was in the chair that "dada" was sitting in. So of course when she found it she mumbles dadadada uh-oh. Pretty cute. Here are some of her favorite things as of lately: -Climb up on the couch, throw all of the pillows on the ground, then fall on top of them. -Play with the DVD's (she already knows how to load a dvd and push play...quite the junkie) -Push buttons, any kind any where (wonder where she got that from) -Play chase -Sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes," "The Wheels on the Bus" "Itsy Bitsy Spider" "If You're Happy and You know it" -After her bath she darts as fast as she can butt naked out of the bath tub to her bed to play '5 Little Monkeys' and 'Spiders on your Back'. -Anytime you ask her a question she says eh,eh, (her own way of saying no) She uses this response with just about anything. It's kind of funny to take advantage of her response. -Get into the pens/markers, etc. (I have a bit of re-painting to do.) She says "Emma" whenever she has a pen b/c that's what her and Aaron always practice writing together. All I can say is we are well entertained in our humble abode!


Emma absolutely despises to have have hair done. I thought I'd try pig-tails one morning, and of course when I got the camera out, she wripped 'em out.


Lovely volume and attitude after the pig-tails came out.


Purple markers don't come off very well!


It's a little blurry, but the files are a constant temptation for her.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alison said...

haha, i can totally relate to you being the wife of an entrepreneur! you just never know what to plan or expect! hmmm i wonder if that will ever change? love emma's pig tail fro!! cutie!